- download the latest Net-Traffic version if you
have not already done so.
- copy the file Net-Traffic-<version>-GUI-b<buildnumber>.tar.gz
to your IPCop box (by using SCP or WinSCP), /tmp/traff is probably a good
- login (ssh or Putty) into your IPCop box as root and chdir to the
place where you put the archive.
- unpack the Net-Traffic archive with:
tar zxvf Net-Traffic-<version>-GUI-b<buildnumber>.tar.gz
- install Net-Traffic with:
Now Net-Traffic is installed and you can start configuring through the IPCop
- If you have installed Net-Traffic via Addons Server, you have to remove/uninstall
Net-Traffic via the IPCop WebGUI -> Addons -> Addons webpage.
- If you have installed Net-Traffic via Standalone Installation, you have to
uninstall Net-Traffic via the command line too. Login to your IPCop as root
and chdir to the place where you put the Net-Traffic archive at installation
and uninstall Net-Traffic with:
The Net-Traffic uninstall routine saves the current Net-Traffic settings
in /var/tmp/nettraffic_conf/<Net-Traffic_VERSION>. Because of this, it
is necessary to run the uninstall script which is shipped with the currently
installed Net-Traffic version!
The next Net-Traffic installation will restore the old config (the config with
- If you currently run a Net-Traffic version older than 1.3.0, you have to uninstall
Net-Traffic before you can install the new Net-Traffic version. Your current config
will be saved (see "Uninstall Net-Traffic") and restored on the next
- If you currently run Net-Traffic version 1.3.0 or newer, you can directly install
the new Net-Traffic version (without first uninstalling). The installation routine
detects the Net-Traffic installation and will automatically uninstall it before
it installs Net-Traffic. The current config is saved and restored automatically
* The command will unpack the following files: